Welcome to SHAPE
The School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) is a member institution of the Vocational Training Council (VTC). We collaborate with world-recognised UK, Australian and Mainland China universities since 2003 to offer career-oriented top-up degree programmes across a wide range of professions for sub-degree graduates.
Why Choose SHAPE?
1 Year of Study*
- Fast track to obtain a recognised overseas bachelor’s degree in Hong Kong
- 12 months (full-time)
- 14 - 24 months (part-time)
(except RMIT programmes)
- All of our programmes are jointly taught by local and partner university lecturers. Students will have international exposure and experience, and immerse in an English-speaking environment.
- All graduation certificates are awarded by partner universities, and all programmes are governed by the universities’ policies on academic matters and standard.
- All UK and Australian programmes are recognised under Hong Kong Qualifications Framework Level 5^, recognising these non-local programmes as meeting the standard of locally-accredited bachelor's degree programmes. This accreditation status also allows eligible students to enjoy various government financial aids.
- Most of our Engineering programmes are recognised by established and representative local and/or overseas professional bodies in the relevant professions.
* Applicable to all full-time UK programmes.
^ For details on the Qualifications Framework (QF) level, Qualifications Register Registration Number, and the Registration Validity Period of SHAPE programmes, please refer to the corresponding programme webpages.
Message from Our Principal
Welcome to SHAPE!
Over the last 20 years, we take pride in being a leading non-local degree programme operator in Hong Kong. Our seamless progression pathways offer sub-degree holders well-recognised and career-oriented Bachelor’s degree programmes, enhancing our graduates’ competitive edge in the market.
Internationalisation and global connectivity have been key to SHAPE’s programmes. With more than 10 strategic partners from the UK, Australia and Mainland China, SHAPE provides over 45 locally-accredited programmes, widening your horizons and equipping you a new future. Thanks to the adoption of blended learning and sophisticated communication technologies, our students and teaching staff alike benefit from the knowledge exchange and networking opportunities, to cultivate talents to serve both our local and international communities.
Quality assurance of our programmes is of utmost priority. All of our programmes are awarded and governed by our partner universities. Together with the recognition of HKCAAVQ at Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 5, our awards are highly recognised both locally and internationally. Most of our Engineering programmes are also recognised by world-renowned professional bodies - the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE), Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS), Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), Engineers Australia (EA), just to name a few. Our degree holders are eligible for a wide range of employment opportunities including in the civil service of the HKSAR. Graduates can also further their studies at Master’s level.
In addition, students can apply for Government support schemes such as scholarships and financial assistance. We are honoured to have 124 SHAPE students being awarded over 2.4 million dollars through the Government’s Self-financing Post-secondary Scholarship Scheme (SPSS) last year.
Read up on our various programmes in this prospectus and discuss with us on selecting a programme best-suited for your aspiration. I invite you to join us for the next stage of your learning journey to create a better future.
Prof Simpson Poon
School for Higher and Professional Education