SHAPE prides ourselves to provide quality programmes recognised by multiple local and overseas authorities.
Awarded by universities
- All of our programmes are awarded by our partner universities, and are governed by the universities’ policies and regulations on academic matters and standard.
- All of our programmes are taught by academic staff of partner universities and SHAPE.
Accredited by professional bodies
- Most of our Engineering programmes are recognised by established and representative local or overseas professional bodies in the relevant professions.
- Examples include the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE), Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS), Engineers Australia (EA), Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), and Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Locally registered with Education Bureau
All of our non-local programmes are registered under Cap. 493 Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance, meeting the following major registration criteria:
- our partner universities are recognised non-local institutions in the UK/ Australia / Mainland China;
- effective measures are in place to ensure our programme standard is maintained at a level comparable with the programmes conducted in the UK/ Australia / Mainland China leading to the same qualifications; and
- this comparability in standard is recognised by our partner universities and the academic community in the UK/ Australia / Mainland China.
Locally accredited by HKCAAVQ
Most of our UK and Australian top-up degree programmes are recognised by HKCAAVQ at Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 5*, recognising these non-local programmes as meeting the standard of locally-accredited bachelor's degree programmes.
This accreditation status also allows eligible students to enjoy various government financial assistance schemes.
* For details on the Qualifications Framework (QF) level, Qualifications Register Registration Number, and the Registration Validity Period of SHAPE programmes, please refer to the corresponding pages in this prospectus.