The following HKSAR Government financial assistance schemes are available to eligible students who pursue a programme at SHAPE:
Financial Assistance Schemes
|Amount (HK$)||Full-time Programmes||Part-time Programmes|
|Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme (NMTSS)||Up to $33,200 per year
|Continuing Education Fund (CEF)||Up to $25,000*||--||
|Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)||
Up to $89,080
Up to 55,560
|Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)||Up to the annual tuition fees payable in the academic year||Y||
|Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)||Up to the annual tuition fees payable in the academic year||--||Y|
|Chinese Medicine Personal Training Funding Scheme of Chinese Medicine Development Fund (CMDF)||Up to $20,000||--||Only apply to eligible students of BSc Degree Programme in Chinese Medicinal Pharmaceutics|
For details including eligibility and subsidy amount, please refer to the hyperlink of each scheme.
*Please refer to the Programme Content of the eligible programmes for the reimbursable courses under the CEF.
The Education Bureau offers 4 types of subsidy schemes to support financially needy post-secondary students, including SHAPE top-students, to participate in exchange activities outside Hong Kong, so as to nurture students with an international outlook and ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment.
- Scheme on Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (M-SSE)
- Scheme for Means-tested Subsidy on Exchange to "Belt and Road" Regions for Post-secondary Students (M-SSEBR)
- Scheme for Non-means-tested Subsidy on Exchange to "Belt and Road" Regions for Post-secondary Students (N-SSEBR)
- Non-means-tested Mainland Experience Scheme for Post-secondary Students (N-MES)
|Recipient of Government’s means-tested financial assistance*||Y||Y||N||N|
* In receipt of means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) of the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency or whose families are in receipt of the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) from the Social Welfare Department (SWD)
- Subsidy amount varies from HK$1,950 to HK$60,000 according to the destination, duration of the exchange activity and the level of approved means-tested student financial assistance.
- The total amount of subsidy received by students should not exceed the direct costs arising from the exchange activity.
- Application for subsidy should be submitted via online platform (hyperlink to be provided by SHAPE), not later than the completion date of the eligible exchange activity. Application for this subsidy scheme and the exchange activity should be conducted in the same academic year.
You are welcome to contact SHAPE (Central Office) (Tel. 2595 2771 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information on the subsidy schemes and application details.